If you are like most people, you probably think of the rice cooker as nothing more than a simple gadget used to cook rice. However, did you know that the pampered chef rice cooker can be used for so much more? Owning a rice cooker can be extremely beneficial, especially if you want to save time and money while cooking.
This article will cover the basics of how to use Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, including tips and tricks for cooking perfect rice every time. We’ll also show you how to cook different types of grains like quinoa or pearl barley, as well as dishes that include vegetables (think soups and stews).
Finally, we’ll give you some helpful advice on cleaning your cooker and avoiding common pitfalls for new rice cooker owners. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What is a rice cooker and why should I care
A rice cooker is basically an electric pot with two to four parts: the cooking bowl, lid, inner pan, and power base. The cooking bowl sits inside the base of the cooker while the inner pan heats up on top of the power base.
When cooking, steam rises from the liquid in the pan up to the lid, where it then condenses back into liquid before dripping back down onto the rice, perfectly cooking your meal.
To use a rice cooker, fill the inner pan about half full with water or broth and place it on top of the power base. Add your uncooked rice to the bowl, along with any other ingredients you want to cook (like vegetables or herbs).
Place the lid on top of the cooker, making sure that it’s securely closed. Press the power button and let your rice cooker do its thing!
How to cook perfect rice every time
To avoid overcooked mushy rice, remember these three golden rules for cooking rice using the pampered chef rice cooker:
- Always fill the inner pan about half full with water or broth.
- Always use a 1:1 ratio of rice to liquid.
- Don’t check on your rice until at least 15 minutes have passed after you turn on the power base! Opening the lid too early will allow steam to escape and mess up the cooking process.
Tips for cooking different types of grains like quinoa or pearl barley
If you want to cook a pot of warm quinoa, barley, or oatmeal for breakfast, follow these simple steps:
- Place three-quarters of a cup (roughly 165g) of uncooked grain into the inner pan and add one cup (235ml) of water/broth as well as any additional ingredients you desire, like frozen vegetables or spices.
- Close the lid of your pampered chef rice cooker and turn it on. Your cooker will automatically switch to Keep Warm mode once cooking is complete, which means that your pot of grains should be ready within about 20 minutes. However, if you want to steam frozen vegetables at the same time as your grain, keep both foods separate and add them after cooking has finished using the quick release method (see step 5).
- Letting your rice cooker naturally depressurize before checking on your food can help prevent overcooked mushy rice. This will take about 15 minutes for most cookers, but please check your individual model’s manual for exact instructions!
- After depressurization, open the lid of your rice cooker and serve/eat! Remember that the inner pan of your pampered chef rice cooker is extremely hot, so you should use oven mitts or kitchen towels to avoid burning yourself.
- If you want to steam frozen vegetables at the same time as your grain (like I like to do), you can quickly release some of the pressure after cooking has finished using either the quick-release valve (if your power base has one) or by running cold water over the edge of your rice cooker’s inner pan until it naturally depressurizes.
- If you don’t check on your rice until 15 minutes after cooking has finished and there is still some liquid left in the pot, simply drain off most of the excess liquid using a mesh strainer before serving/eating.
Recipes that include vegetables (think soups and stews)
Soups and stews are a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you have lying around. To make your life easier, try these two steps for cooking delicious soups/stews in the pampered chef rice cooker:
- If you want to cook frozen vegetables at the same time as your soup or stew, simply add them to the pot along with the broth and cook for about 10 minutes, or until heated through. Then, drain off any excess liquid before adding your other ingredients (step 11).
- If you want to cook vegetables separately from your soup or stew, place them in a mesh strainer before placing them on top of the rice cooker’s inner pan. This will allow you to quickly release pressure after cooking has finished, using either the quick release valve (if your power base has one) or by running cold water over the edge of your rice cooker’s inner pan (which should take about 5 minutes). Then, add all of your cooked ingredients back into the pot and serve!
How to clean out your pampered chef rice cooker
After using your rice cooker, always remember to clean it out before storing or putting it away. This process will be different depending on the model of your specific pampered chef rice cooker, so check out your manual for instructions! Most models should have removable parts that are dishwasher safe, but if not you will have to wash them by hand with soap and water.
If there is still excess food debris stuck inside the pot, try adding a half cup (120ml) of warm water into the pot along with one tablespoon (15ml) of white vinegar and allow the mixture to soak for several minutes before wiping it down with a paper towel or cloth rag.
To make sure any odors don’t in your rice cooker, simply add a half cup of white vinegar into the pot and allow it to soak in with the lid on for about 10 minutes before turning your cooker on to its regular setting.
Benefits of owning a rice cooker
There are so many benefits to owning a rice cooker, which is why I consider it one of my favorite pieces of pampered chef kitchen equipment. For example, grain cookers are especially useful if you watch your carbohydrate intake or have diabetes because they allow you to measure out the perfect serving size.
If you want to eat large servings of brown rice (which is healthier than white), simply adjust the recipe accordingly and use your small steam tray (if included with your power base) to make side dishes like vegetables or fish/meat at the same time! Also, pampered chef mini cookers can be used for much more than just cooking grains; they can also be used as warmers for soups, appetizers, and desserts!
How do you use a 2 quart Pampered Chef rice cooker?
A 2 quart pampered chef rice cooker is mostly used to make smaller batches of food for two or three people. You can cook anything in it that you would normally cook in a larger rice cooker, such as potatoes and vegetables.
Can I put brown rice in a Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?
Of course! The great thing about pampered chef rice cookers is that they can be used to prepare different kinds of grains and ingredients. Simply add 1 cup (240ml) of water for every half cup (120ml) of brown rice and place the appropriate cover on top before cooking!
What can you cook in a Pampered Chef rice cooker?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to pampered chef rice cookers. You can make anything from rice, soup, quinoa, barley, vegetable stew (just add frozen vegetables in step one above), different types of custards or even dessert!
How do you cook rice in a microwave rice cooker?
To cook rice in a microwave, you simply add one cup (240ml) of water to a large ceramic bowl and cover it with a microwavable plate or dish. Then, poke several holes into the lid to allow steam to escape during cooking. After adding 1 cup (240ml) of white rice, place the covered bowl in the microwave and set it to cook for 15 minutes. When done, let the rice sit in the pot for about 5 minutes before removing the bowl (carefully) and fluffing with a fork!
What can you do with a Pampered Chef Micro cooker?
The pampered chef micro cooker is meant to be used for smaller portions of food, so it can be great for cooking rice. If you are cooking a main course in addition to the rice, though, I would recommend using the larger 3 quart power base instead since it has more room!
How do you cook white rice in a Pampered Chef rice cooker?
You can cook white rice by following the same instructions as cooking brown rice, but you will only need to use half the amount of water. You can also learn more about cooking different types of rice here !
How do you cook instant rice in Pampered Chef rice cooker?
To cook instant rice in a pampered chef rice cooker, simply follow the same instructions for cooking white or brown rice, but use 1/4 cup (60ml) less water.
We hope that this How To Use pampered chef rice cooker article answered any questions you may have had about using your Pampered Chef Rice Cooker. If it didn’t, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll try our best to answer your question!